Tourism in Reunion Island
Well located for tourism in Reunion Island!
We are located at Etang Salé at 230 meters above sea level, in a quiet area, halfway between the wild south and the main beaches.
In less than 15 minutes you can go horseback riding on the black sandy beach of Etang Salé, walk or bike in the forest of Etang Salé, visit the sugar can factory of Le Gol. But you will also be ideally situated for visiting Cilaos, a village surrounded by mountains or towards the Piton de la Fournaise. The main seaside towns will also be very accessible for beach lovers and idleness.
You can visit most of the famous sites from Villa Romeo. We will provide you with a lot of tips to make your trip unforgettable!
Less than 15 minutes by car :
- Visit of “l’usine du Gol” sugar can factory. Very informative.
- Visit of the Museum of the MADOI, Museum of Decorative Arts of the Indian Ocean, not only interesting for the exhibitions that are presented but for the former sugar factory that one can visit.
- Walk in the forest of Etang Salé (fitness trail, many footpaths, bicycle, horseback).
- Walk by the sea: cycling path and discovery of the gulf.
- A golf course
- The extensive black sand beach of Etang Salé, protected and supervised by the rescuers (One of the ten most beautiful beaches in the world).
Less than 30 minutes by car :
- Visit Saint Pierre, the largest city in the south: its Saturday morning market, its shops, its seaside, its beaches …
- Visit the Stella Matutina Museum … exciting!
- The beaches of the West: Hermitage, La Saline, Saint Gilles …
- Activities : paragliding on Saint-Leu, surfing, paddle and other nautical activities on the beaches of the West, fly over the island by helicopter…
- The village of Entre Deux, departure of numerous hiking trails.
- Les Makes: a pretty village that has several interests: its astronomical observatory, its departures of hiking trails, the view on the circus of Cilaos.
- The forest of Tévelave.
Less than an hour by car :
- La Plaine des Cafres (crossing the island by the N3) and the Volcano Museum in Bourg Murat.
- The hike of Grand Bassin and its Cascade.
- The North of the island, from Saint Paul to Saint Denis (Cap Noir, Maïdo…)
- Access to the circus of Mafate via “Rivière des Galets”.
Less than two hours access by car/a day trip :
- The wild south (Saint Philippe, the different lava flows)
- The Piton de la Fournaise
- The forest of Bébour and Bélouve
There are many other things to see and do in the surrounding area. We will be pleased to discuss this with you during your visit, depending on your interests.
What They Say About Us…